Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Asking Myself Questions

by Sariah S. Wilson

Just had to change the topic of this blog because it would have taken way too long to type up. Remind me someday to do my blog about meeting celebrities. I'm too tired for a long blog as I spent the day at the pumpkin patch and then the evening cleaning up our downstairs playroom. We had this great idea that we wouldn't let our kids keep toys in their rooms because of how messy that can get so we finished off half our basement to make this playroom. But my kids are apparently physically incapable of keeping this room even semi-organized. It's like they open up boxes of toys and just throw them everywhere. So it takes hours to clean. Especially for someone like me who despises all cleaning (I'm not opposed to the concept in general. I would like my house to be clean, I just don't want to have to be the one to do it).

Getting back on topic, I have this assignment and I have to interview myself about my new release, "Desire of Our Hearts," (in a Seagull or Deseret near you). I am so bad at that sort of thing.

So I'm turning to the blog readers for help. What sorts of things do you want to know about books? What would you find interesting? And if anyone's read "Desires," did you have any questions that you wanted to ask me?

Because all I can think of are Rob Wells type questions:

Q: Is this the best book ever written?

A: Yes. Yes, it is.

Q: Will people come down with the bubonic plague if they don't buy it?

A: Yes. Yes, they will.

Should I ask myself what cultural things I researched? The inspiration for the book? Why I didn't make Alma more evil? Did the dog used to have a much cooler name(the answer to that one is yes)?

Any suggestions or questions would be most welcome and appreciated.


2 Comments:

At 10/22/2007 1:47 PM, Blogger Annette Lyon said...

Here's a few:
How much research do you do and how do you do it? Where did the idea for the plot come from? What's your writing schedule/method like? What do you like to read personally? Who are your greatest literary inspirations? What's the most interesting thing you discovered in your research (that did or did not make it into the book)? When & how did you decide to become a writer?

 
At 10/23/2007 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becca wants to know why it took a year and half for them to get together?

Elizabeth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home