Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Covenant's 3rd Annual Mystery Dinner

by Kerry Blair

I didn't want to "post over" Julie today, but she's told me twice that it's okay, so here's the press release on the upcoming Mystery Dinner. Believe me, if you live in the SLC area (or will be there for Conference) this is one event you won't want to miss! Highlights will include Jeff Savage playing the Catacyclist from The Counterfeit (Rob told me it was typecasting what with Jeff being psycho to start with and all) and Robison Wells in a grass skirt. (Pictures will be on sale after the dinner, but they'll be expensive, so you'd better come take your own!)

Here's the info:

Attention Fiction Readers,

It's that time of year again, it's time for mystery, food, fun, and of course, murder!

Until Death Do We Part, will take place on Friday, September 29th at the Holiday Inn Downtown SLC (999 S. Main Street). There will be a reception from 5 - 6:30 p.m. where you can meet the authors, get your picture taken with "Elvis," and enjoy the wonderful music from the hit new country band Joshua Creek. The mystery dinner will begin at 7 p.m. sharp! Dress to impress (church dress to formal attire) as there will be a "best dressed" contest.

Here's a list of this year's participating authors/artists: (Writer/director) Kerry Blair, "Mummy’s the Word" (Assistant writer/director) Gale Sears, "Until the Dawn"
Anita Stansfield, "Dancing in the Light" Annette Lyon, "At the Journey’s End" Betsy Brannon Green, "Double Cross" Clair Poulson, "Blind Side" C.K. Bailey, "Shattered"
H.B. Moore, "Out of Jerusalem" Jeffrey Savage, "Dead on Arrival" Jennie Hansen, "Wild Card," "Emerald " Jerry Borrowman, "I’ll Be Seeing You" Jeff Hinton and Quint Randle as Joshua Creek K.L. Fogg, "Serpent Tide" Kerri Robinson & Marci Gallacher, "A Banner is Unfurled" Michele Ashman Bell, "Rescue," "Perfect Timing"
Robison Wells, "The Counterfeit" Sonia O’Brien, "Perfect Shot" Tom Roulstone, "Inheritance" Toni Sorenson Brown, "Redemption Road"

Tickets are $24 per person and are on sale now at the following Seagull Book stores:

Redwood Seagull
1720 S. Redwood Rd.
801-972-2429
(Phone orders through this store)

West Jordan Seagull
1625 W. 9000 S.
801-568-0444

Taylorsville Seagull
5720 S. Redwood Rd.
801-969-7747

Bountiful Seagull
40 W. 500 S. #A
801-296-6632

American Fork Seagull
218 W. State Road
801-492-0818

South Towne Seagull
31 W. 10600 S.
801-572-0245

Children ages 8 and older are welcome, but will be charged full price. NO BABIES PLEASE!

Tickets are selling fast (only 150 left!) so get your tickets early and ensure yourself a seat at the hottest event of the year!


5 Comments:

At 8/25/2006 1:43 PM, Blogger Sariah Wilson said...

If I was rich and could afford to fly out to Utah whenever I wanted, I would so go to this. It sounds like a blast. :)

 
At 8/25/2006 6:01 PM, Blogger Karen E. Hoover said...

I went to one about three years back and it was an absolute blast. I would totally recommend it! Kerry and Rob were both there, as well as Michelle Bell, Amy Wadsworth, Clair Poulson, Jenny Hansen, Michael Hunter and a bunch of other folks. Kerry was HILARIOUS. People, if you can manage it, go! You won't regret it!

 
At 8/26/2006 3:09 AM, Blogger Jeff Savage said...

Jeff Savage playing the Catacyclist from The Counterfeit (Rob told me it was typecasting what with Jeff being psycho to start with and all)

Wait, Rob told me the Catacyclist was the handsome, suave, superhero. Okay, now I'm mad!

 
At 8/28/2006 10:27 AM, Blogger RobisonWells said...

What I told you was that he thinks he's handsome, suave, and a superhero. Hence the 'psycho'. Really, this is a very fortuitous circumstance: I based the character after you from the start.

 
At 9/01/2006 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just bought my tickets! I'm so excited, it sounds like it will be a lot of fun! It took a lot of begging to get my parents to agree and finally won when my dad realized that it was going to be on conference weekend. He said it would be worth the five hour trip if going to the a conference session was invovled. I can't wait!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home