Six LDS Writers and A Frog

Friday, March 31, 2006

What Exactly Did I Get Myself Into?

by Candace E. Salima

The BLOGging world is quite an interesting one. Somehow, despite my best efforts, I have been swept up into BLOGland where I can emote to my heart's content. An interesting phenomena has occurred. BLOGS have taken the place of my daily writing exercise. Let me explain. I used to find a word or phrase every morning and spend five minutes free writing - meaning I didn't edit, I didn't think, I just wrote. It was great andgot the creative juices flowing. Now that I BLOG daily forwww.families.com that writing exercise has been replaced.

So, there I was, doing my hair a couple of days ago contemplating what I would write on that day when the silliest thought occurred. Once it occurred, an entire story line poured into my head which I then ran by my husband and brother. They loved it and a new book was born. That's how easy it was. Then as I continued to contemplate, the next chapter for the book I was currently working on rectified itself as well.

How do I explain it? There has to be something to this blogging after all. So BLOG away my friends, it appears to be doing some good.


7 Comments:

At 3/31/2006 6:50 PM, Blogger RobisonWells said...

According to Websters, blog is lower-case. Just sayin'.

 
At 4/01/2006 12:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Didn't know blog was a word in the dictionary yet.

 
At 4/02/2006 8:14 PM, Blogger annegb said...

welcome to my world, hon. I stumbled here last year and now I'm an addict.

 
At 4/03/2006 11:39 AM, Blogger RobisonWells said...

Then again, you are Red, and always right. Perhaps I should think twice before correcting you. :)

 
At 4/04/2006 12:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ha, ha -- nope, I found blog in the Merriam Webster online dictionary. So I stand corrected. By the way, just what do the letters "blog" stand for. Does anybody know? But then again, I have to maintain my "Red" status - so let's go with the status quo and say there is no official way to spell it. Does that work?

And thanks for the welcome to the blogging world -- I think I'm growing a little mad with all the power my trusty little keyboard is wielding. (Go ahead and insert an evil cackle here.)

 
At 4/04/2006 10:36 AM, Blogger RobisonWells said...

'Blog' isn't an acronym for anything, actually. It's a shortened version of the term 'web log'.

 
At 4/04/2006 10:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ah - thanks for imparting the wisdom. I actually feel a little smarter now.

No really, I have wondered what it stood for. Thanks for telling me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home